Christmas is kind of sad this year. First of all, I get two days off instead of two weeks- so that’s something to get used to. But more importantly, I’m used to large gatherings of friends at this time of year. Christmas is really the only time of year I reliably throw a party. Not this year. I have so few friends in Atlanta, and even if I was still at Notre Dame, many of my friends from school aren’t speaking to me any more. It’s just easiest, I guess, to avoid contact with me, since there are no rules saying that they ever have to see me again.
Point being, I’m not really feeling the Christmasy spirit.
To counteract that, here are some things I’m thankful for today:
- My food stamps interview went well today- I might finally get approved very soon!
- Vanilla lattes
- A video I stumbled upon yesterday featuring footage from the premiere of Gone with the Wind. It took place at the Loews Grand, which was once my family’s opera house. I’d never seen the building before. The video, if you’re interested, is here: http://youtu.be/zLuo9r3tv5w
- My grad school apps are done and turned in.
- Last but not least, tomorrow is Friday!!
- Ok, one more- this photo was one of the ones wordpress, in its wisdom, recommended to accompany this post…. Huh?