So it’s not Multitude Monday… but for my own good, I need to make a list of things I’m thankful for today. The self-pity fairy (gremlin? troll? big bad wolf?) has been visiting me a lot recently, and that needs to stop.
Today, I’m thankful for:
- Morning drives with my little brother. I’ve been taking him in to band practice every morning and driving home again two hours later, and the two hours or so we spend in the car every day have been such a joy to me. He’s usually content to live in his own world, and I’m content to let him, but when we’re driving and he’s bereft of his laptop and xbox he actually talks to me. It’s done my soul so much good to hear him laugh.
- Ingrid Michaelson and her beautiful voice
- My friend Matt, who as usual has stepped up to the plate and shouldered a large portion of the burden of keeping me sane in recent weeks. He’s a glutton for punishment.
- Joey’s friends up at school, who I can trust to take good care of him. It’s heartwarming to know that he has good people with him.
- Jeff and Linda, who gave me a seat on the couch during the World Cup finals. I’m not sure they knew what it meant to me… they made me feel very loved.
- The excellent Chickfila we consumed last night while watching a hilarious MASH episode. Mmmm.
- Volunteer opportunities. Not a job, but somethin to keep me going.
- OMG, coffee shops. Especially the one by my brother’s high school.
- The fact that in one week exactly I will be on my way to Indiana to see my cutie pie on his birthday.
- Netflix instant watching. How on earth did I stick with Blockbuster for so long? Related: Friday Night Lights. Delicious guilty pleasure.
Yep, that’s it for now, I need to go get the kiddo. What are you thankful for today?