When I saw Ann’s latest Multitude Monday post over at Holy Experience, I knew I needed to resume my own gratitude list. I am nothing if not an affirmation junkie, and she hits the nail on the head when she writes about us. She says,
“When I can’t get enough love, I can go to the One who wildly can’t get enough of me, and when I start numbering all the ways He extravagantly loves, it’s this euphoria. Every other love drug can prove fatal.“
I needed that call-out. Time to refocus on the love present in my life.
Tonight, at the end of a trying day and the dawn of a difficult week, I am thankful for:
36. Trees in winter. (Can you tell from my Photos of the Day how much I love them, their bare branches silhouetted against the sky?)
37. Joey’s warm hand on my knee when he knows from my face that I’m struggling.
38. C.S. Lewis- his incredible relationship with God and his fantastic ability to point us all towards Him through his writings.
39. The fond memories we made at the beer festival this weekend.
40. The DivineOffice.org free Compline iPhone app, which provides this errant soul a way to close the day in prayer.
41. The practice I have adopted this year of taking a photo every day, because it has led me to look closer for the beauty and humor in my life.
42. An easy pre-break week and the promise of time at home.
43. The bubble and hiss of the radiator on a cold night.
44. The smell of fresh coffee grounds.
45. The small bit of time I have left at this university.